Dear Parents and Carers,
Remote Learning in EYFS & KS1
Warwick and Windrush teachers will set home learning via our new class e mail addresses listed below:
Warwick class firstname.lastname@example.org.
Windrush class email@example.com.
Please send us an e mail, stating who you are and your child’s name to your child’s class email address to ensure you receive the weekly home learning.
The core skills that we would appreciate your support with through home learning for EYFS & KS1 focus upon phonics, reading, maths, social skills and outdoor learning where possible.
We would recommend the following as ongoing home learning:
- Daily phonics minimum of 10 minutes, dependent upon your child’s ability to focus. All children have now received their sounds book (either green or yellow). You can use these for daily practise supported by the letter formation rhymes, which can also be found in the book and have been sent home in your learning packs. Letter formation can be done in a number of ways, chalking outside, paintbrush and water outside, in the bath as well as using pens and paper. Be creative and have fun!
- For those of you unsure about sound pronunciation please see the following link to the Ruth Miskin website https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/
- www.phonicsplay.com is a website the children enjoy using in class. During this period PhonicsPlay have made resources available to families for free, meaning parents don’t need to subscribe. You can login using username:march20 and password:home
- The importance of daily reading and sharing stories with your child can never be underestimated. Lots of talk around the illustrations, predicting story endings and making comparisons to other texts are just a few ideas. Don’t forget to use silly voices for characters! Books may have come home with your child, but please don’t feel limited to these.
- Number work – in EYFS we work with numbers to 20 and in KS1 numbers to 100. In your packs you will find resources to support the home learning that will be set for you via our class e mails every Monday.
As well as these daily activities you will be receiving, via the class email, activities covering other curriculum areas. We have tried to make these as manageable as possible from home with the option available for you to extend your child’s learning should you wish.
Every Monday we will be sending out new home learning in addition to the daily activities recommended above.