Burford Primary School Admissions
Burford Primary, an Academy within the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, is a friendly school with a ‘family’ atmosphere, situated within the heart of Burford and serving its local communities.
We have 15 reception places available each year in our Early Years’ Class; children are eligible to start school in the September of the academic year they turn 5 years old and admissions are managed by Oxfordshire County Council.
You are most welcome to visit Burford Primary School for a conducted tour and opportunity to meet with the Head Teacher to discuss your child’s application to start school. Each individual is valued and we aim for all of our pupils to enjoy school and become enthusiastic lifelong learners, showing pride and respect
For full details and how to apply, go to the Oxfordshire County Council website (using this link or the Internet address below), or telephone 01865 815175
When places for the Reception Class are over-subscribed, they are allocated based on the following criteria:
1. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education and Health Care Plan which names the school.
2. Children who are or who have been looked after by a Local Authority.
3. Disabled children who need to be admitted to the school on the grounds of physical accessibility.
4. Children who live in the designated area of Burford and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry.
5. Children who live in the designated area of Burford.
6. Children who live outside the designated area and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry.
7. Children who live outside the designated area, admitted in order of distance from the school.
If your application is unsuccessful, you are welcome to appeal. Appeals for Nursery/Foundation Stage Unit (FSU) places are managed by the Local Governing Body and for Reception places, by the Local Authority, Oxfordshire County Council. The timetable for Reception appeals can be accessed using the linkd at the bottom of this page and for Nursery/FSU, please refer to the Nursery Admission Policy.
In September 2017, we admitted 15 reception children in to our Early Years Foundation Stage Class, under the following criteria:
- Children who live in the designated area and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry
- Children who live in the designated area
In September 2017, we admitted one nursery child in to our Early Years Foundation Stage Class, under the following criteria:
- Children who live in the school’s designated area who have a sibling at the school
Admissions for a Nursery place in our Early Years Foundation Stage Unit
Places are managed by the school’s Local Governing Body in accordance with the Nursery Admission Policy and enquiries should be made via the School Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01993 822159
Admission arrangements for entry to other year groups
We sometimes have places available in other year groups, for children moving into the area or transferring from other schools. In these circumstances, Oxfordshire County Council Admissions should be contacted initially, to enquire as to the availability of places and for advice regarding an application.
Useful Admission Links
Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021 (Consultation until 14 January 2019)