As an ODST school, the leaders and governors endeavour to make every effort to achieve maximum inclusion of all pupils whilst meeting pupils’ individual needs.
As a school we recognise the entitlement of all pupils to a broad and balanced curriculum. The SEND policy and school vision reinforces the need for teaching that is fully inclusive. The Local Governing Body will ensure that appropriate provision will be made for all pupils with SEND.
The four main areas of special educational need are broadly defined as:
- Cognition and Learning
- Communication and Interaction
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- Sensory and physical needs
As a school we aim to:
- To be an inclusive school
- To ensure the early identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision
- To meet individual needs through a wide range of provision
- To engage effectively with pupils, parent and carers
- To work towards inclusion in partnership with other agencies and schools
Our school Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is Holly Docherty. She has dedicated time each week to support both children and families and can be contacted via the school office 01993 822159.
Further information about support and services for children and their families:
This Local Offer is Reviewed Annually